Auconet BICS 100% Visibility Dashboards Show Entire Network at a Glance
June 15, 2015 – San Francisco, CA and Orlando, FL – Auconet, leader in next-generation IT Operations Management (ITOM), announced today 100% Visibility Dashboards for Auconet BICS (Business Infrastructure Control Solution). The debut of the new BICS Dashboards, at the Gartner IT Operations Strategies & Solutions Summit in Orlando, highlights the critical importance of 100% visibility of IT infrastructure for both executive management and IT operations staff.
Centralized, complete discovery, visibility, and control of EVERY device, port, endpoint, and connection on the entire enterprise network infrastructure has long been considered impossible to achieve. Auconet 100% Visibility Dashboards demonstrate otherwise. They showcase the ability of BICS to discover, view, monitor, secure, and control everything “attached” to the network (wired or wireless).
BICS 100% Visibility Dashboards provide real-time metrics on all network elements, essential for managing massive enterprise IT infrastructures with 100,000+ endpoints. They enable the executive management and IT staff to share the same complete, accurate understanding of the IT infrastructure at all times.
- C-level executives see the status of the entire network, at-a-glance, on a single-screen of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and can make informed business decisions based on this reliable, complete data.
- IT operational staff can immediately understand their entire network – moving from a "gut feel" to really knowing. They can monitor, control, and act on issues in the entire global IT infrastructure from a central console; and leverage comprehensive network data for tactical planning.
The 100% Visibility Dashboards are the first step toward a set of Auconet BICS Business Value Dashboards, planned for introduction later this year, that will help I&O teams clearly manage, improve, and demonstrate their positive impact on business priorities.
“Auconet BICS 100% Visibility Dashboards take network infrastructure knowledge to a new level,” said Frank Winter, CEO of Auconet. “By giving senior executives a one-glance view of the entire network, they have essential data for making business decisions about network assets, capacity, compliance, security, and can partner more effectively with IT to leverage technology for the benefit of the overall business.”
The Dashboards displays metrics, drawn from BICS’ single centralized database, that are valuable for asset management, resource planning, vendor negotiations, and capacity management to improve IT’s contribution to the financial success of the enterprise:
- Complete network hardware inventory – Current, accurate count and condition of all devices, ports, and endpoints, by brand and vintage.
- Software management and compliance – Consolidated number and comparisons of: OS levels, software update requirements, and software license inventory.
- System status, events, and alerts – High-level summary of alert conditions across the infrastructure.
- Energy consumption data – Strategic management of data center energy utilization.
- Human resource planning – Help desk staffing, incident metrics, mean time to repair, and geographic resource allocation.
- Accounting activities – Accurate infrastructure data for intra-departmental billings and internal chargeback allocations.
BICS Dashboards display data collected by Auconet BICS, staying in sync with rapidly changing infrastructures, as it adds value to ITOM, security, IT asset management, and compliance reporting.
Delivered as an option to Auconet BICS, the 100% Visibility Dashboards will be demonstrated at the Gartner IT Operations Strategies & Solutions Summit, June 16 and 17, 2015 in Booth #106, Hilton Hotel, Orlando, Florida.
Auconet provides next-generation ITOM to Global 1000 enterprises, via its comprehensive platform for the integration of all IT Operations Management areas. Auconet BICS provides centralized, real-time, data-rich, visual infrastructure and systems control for large-scale, global IT operations. Companies including BASF, Siemens, Deutsche Bahn, ING, and DHL trust Auconet to cover 100% of their endpoints, devices, systems, and IoE devices. Auconet is headquartered in San Francisco, with sales, support, and research and development offices in Berlin, Germany. For more information, visit: www.auconet.com